Why BVU Athletics
Buena Vista recruits athletes to be leaders in sports and in their future careers. If you think you have the skills to be recruited, fill out a recruiting questionnaire:
Highlights of our Program
- 28 Academic All-Americans
- 253 All-Americans
- 58 Iowa Conference Championships
- 11 Individual NCAA Division III National Champions
- One Team NCAA Division III National Championship
- One of every three BVU students participates in intercollegiate athletics on 19 NCAA Division III teams.
- 62 student-athletes were named to the Iowa All Conference Academic Team last year.
BVU is an NCAA Division III school and a member of the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. We are proud to be the Buena Vista Beavers.
- 941 full-time students were enrolled on the Storm Lake campus for the 2011 fall semester.
- 1,524 students are enrolled at the locations of BVU Graduate & Professional Studies, which has graduated more than 13,000 students since it started over 30 years ago.
- 90 students are enrolled in graduate programs.
- Based on a response rate of 95 percent, 95 percent of the Class of 2011 was employed, in graduate school or otherwise satisfied with their career status within six months of graduation.
- Last year, 950 students, faculty and staff contributed approximately 19,600 hours of volunteer service.
- 75 percent of Storm Lake campus graduates and nearly 92 percent of Graduate & Professional Studies graduates stay in Iowa to work and contribute to their professions and their communities.
- 249 students participated in internships, experiential and active learning programs last year.
- 99 percent of Storm Lake campus students who applied for financial assistance last year received it.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked BVU in the top tier of Midwestern baccalaureate institutions as one of America's top colleges for the 14th consecutive year.