Why BVU Athletics
Buena Vista recruits athletes to be leaders in sports and in their future careers. If you think you have the skills to be recruited, fill out a recruiting questionnaire:
Highlights of our Program
- 28 Academic All-Americans
- 253 All-Americans
- 58 Iowa Conference Championships
- 11 Individual NCAA Division III National Champions
- One Team NCAA Division III National Championship
- One of every three BVU students participates in intercollegiate athletics on 19 NCAA Division III teams.
- 62 student-athletes were named to the Iowa All Conference Academic Team last year.
BVU is an NCAA Division III school and a member of the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. We are proud to be the Buena Vista Beavers.
- 899 full-time students were enrolled on the Storm Lake campus for the 2013 fall semester.
- 1,373 students are enrolled at the locations of BVU Graduate & Professional Studies, which has graduated more than 15,000 students since it started over 30 years ago.
- 106 students are enrolled in graduate programs.
- Based on a response rate of 98 percent, 97 percent of the Class of 2013 was employed, in graduate school or otherwise satisfied with their career status within six months of graduation.
- BVU students, faculty and staff volunteered approximately 37,000 service hours for the city, schools, churches, local organizations and other locations. Volunteers at the 101st Buenafication Day helped beautify the campus and provide needed service to off-campus, community sites. This proud tradition continues each year.
- Seventy-five percent of Storm Lake campus graduates and nearly 92 percent of Graduate & Professional Studies graduates stay in Iowa to work and contribute to their professions and their communities.
- 256 students participated in internships, experiential and active learning programs last year.
- One hundred percent of Storm Lake campus students who applied for financial assistance last year received it.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked BVU in the top tier of Midwestern baccalaureate institutions as one of America's top colleges for the 16th consecutive year.