The following policy has been developed for football tailgating at Buena Vista University. These points are provided for the best interest of health and safety of all.
The area will be located in the grass field, east side of the stadium. There will be signage directing you and a porta-potty available for use. Parking spots are available on a first come basis.
Cost to enter the tailgating lot is $10 per car / $15 for recreational vehicles.
- The lot is open 2 hours prior to kickoff.
- Tailgating will end at the start of the contest and the lot will be cleared out.
Patrons will be re-admitted into the area again during halftime.
- The lot will close 1 hour after the contest.
Rules & Regulations
- The University reserves the right to restrict any vehicle or person for any reason.
- Buena Vista University supports the laws of the state of Iowa and all of the states in which it operates and the expressed intent of any policy pertaining to the use of alcohol at the BVU Storm Lake campus.
- Beer kegs, party balls and glass bottles are prohibited. Drinking games are prohibited and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol are prohibited.
- Under no circumstances shall persons under the age of 21 have possession or consume alcohol.
- The university reserves the right to check identification and notify the proper authorities for underage drinking.
- No alcoholic beverages outside the tailgating area.
- Individuals who interfere with the rights of other people by use of loud and or abusive language and behavior will be asked to leave the event. Individuals may also be subject to legal penalties.
- Individuals will be responsible for keeping the area clean. Trash cans and recycling bins will be available.
- No open flames, fireworks or fire pits allowed.
- Gas/propane & charcoal grills are permitted.
- No outside retail sales of alcohol allowed unless provided by Sodexo.
- Driving under the influence is illegal in the state of Iowa. State drinking laws will be enforced in and around the property.
- Enforcement will be by the Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director and security officer on duty. All individuals are subject to legal and University policies.
- Trashcans are located throughout the area; please clean up your area – thanks!